Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Want to play Agent?

Here's my query letter. I'm not sure if it is a good one or still needs work. It is not very long but I don' t know if that is the problem. I haven't been sending out queries for very long so I haven't gotten much feedback yet. I did have one agent who just wanted a query ask for some of my work, but she said it wasn't the right "voice" for her. So, here it is! Please help a sister out! Tell others to help me out too!


Dear (Agent's name,

Rochelle had never dreamed of the past before, nor traveled into the future. Things like that have never entered Rochelle's quiet, lonely life. She had grown up in the foster care system because her mother died giving birth to her, and her father and brother had left before she was even born. Now Rochelle is living on her own, and realizes how mundane her life really has become.
Her life gets turned upside down though, when Michael, a handsome British aristocrat, and his four friends come into the picture. She is so intrigued by them, mainly because of the violet eyes they share with her.She also seems to share a strong connection with Michael. As she gets closer to them, she learns about herself, friendship, and love; things she has never really known before. But when Rochelle learns of her past, will she be able to accept who she really is?

Tempus Viator is first in my series and is a 72,000 word novel of young adult fantasy fiction. This is my first novel. I am ready to submit my full or partial manuscript upon your request. Thank you for your time and consideration. .

Joy D. Wilson

*Did my best to fix some things. This is the revised version. Still not sure how great it is.

quick question to: Do you think this book is really fantasy? I am having a hard time finding a genre for it. It has time travel, but not in a machine, so it's not sci-fi is it? Is it paranormal? So confused!