Sunday, February 21, 2010

Poems

I have never really written any poems before today. I wrote two that have been images in my head for a while. I hope they help you and give you comfort.

Crossing the Stream of the Unknown

My path has lead me down a ways,
a way I would have never thought to take,
I stand before a rowdy stream,
unsure of which step to take.
I hold my foot out and prepare to get wet,
but a rock is underneath, holding my step.
I gasp with surprise and a smile rises to my face,
for I know You are there.
I take my next step with caution and excitement,
the water rushes under me no more,
for Your rock in there to guide me.
I give praise to You for each step I take,
knowing You are there guiding me.
My confidence in You rises,
as I cross this stream of this unknown.
Knowing You are providing,
You carry me across with each little stone,
right when I need it and not a moment before.
I make it across safely, and start
back on the path of life.


The Worry Wall

My worries come in all shapes and sizes,
and never seem to fit quite right where I want them.
I bend and break them to make them fit;
nothing ever works.
But You lead me into a room with a wall big enough to hold them all.
Each shelf has a place, a place for my worry.
I put each one there,
and leave them in your care.
Your wall is so big,and its room is always open.
I am safe in knowing,
my worries are in Your care.