Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Directions

I haven't posted in a while.

My life is a bit different now. Nothing bad, just new experiences and new directions. Life has yet to turn out the way I thought it would. I take the turns as they come; I can't see any other option really.

So...here's my update on my life right now:

I'm in school. I'm an English major. I'm only taking three classes, two of which are history (I am minoring in History), the other being English. So far so good. It's hard to keep up with the homework but somehow I am managing it. I have a paper due today for example and about 3 1/2 hours to work on it before its due. I know I will somehow pull it off. :)

Work is going fine. Busy. I applied for a promotion of sorts. Not sure if I will get it but I know I do my job well and that is what I'm trying to focus on. I like my job, its hard, demanding and stressful, but worth it and rewarding. I'm not sure if its what I want to do long term, but for now it is where I need to be.

I have a boyfriend now. :) My divorce was final about 6 months ago, but I mentally and emotionally left that marriage over a year ago. My boyfriend is awesome of course. (all new girlfriends say this but at the moment I find it to be true!) We have such an honest relationship its just mind blowing. I'm wondering why I never had this type of communcation when I was married. Things are somewhat serious I guess. We haven't said "I love you" but I'm beginning to wonder and think about if I do love him. We've also talked about our future and what that might include.

My relationship with God is still intact. It has changed some, in the eyes of others though I would think. I work Sunday mornings so going to church isn't really an option. I'm not sure I would go even if I could. After my divorce I've been having to reevualate things, taking things in and into perspective. I was hurt so badly by a man who claimed to be a Christian its hard for me to look at Christian men the same now. I know my views on life are more liberal now. I think its me just getting out from under the thumb of my husband and parents to some degree. I'm thinking for myself and not apoliging for my views. It's scary and thrilling all at the same time! Living in a bubble isn't right. You can't hide yourself away from the world. Experience is worth it. Living and making the most of what you have is everything.

Writing is still postponed. I'm thinking about it more often though, and I can feel my urge to write slowly come back over me. This break from writing is nessecary, but annoying as well. I needed this time to learn who I am and what I want to stand for. A rebirth of sorts. Writing for school is what I currently have to do. I'm learning lots in my English class. Although the writing for it is more techincal it is still helpful to learn. I have a better understanding of editing and proofreading. Which is very exciting and for some strange reason actually makes me excited to read over my work! I'm looking forward to the summer where I will be able to work harder on my own writing.

Expect more updates. This is it for now.