Monday, June 13, 2011

Books and tv

I just started watching the show True Blood. The show is based on books by Charlaine Harris. I haven't read the books yet since I am still reading the series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. Which just also happens to be a new show on HBO.

I know as authors we always dream of our works turning into movies or tv shows, but that's not what I want to talk about.

I don't know about everyone else, but when I watch a tv show and love it, or a movie, and then find out there are books out there that they are based on, I totally read them. Maybe not right away (like now, I'm in the third book of the series and its over a 1,000 pages, so needless to say it's taking me a while) but I always end up reading them at some point. Before an Ice and Fire I read the Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay.

Does everyone do this? Read the books the movie and tv shows are based on? I know a lot do, I mean, I do work in a bookstore, but I want to know if its something you run out and buy right after seeing it.

(Just had a thought-my bookstore is right next door to a movie theater.)