Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One life experience down...only a million left..

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a book signing of an author I greatly admire. It also just happened to be my first time going to a book signing. If your wondering who the author was it was George R. R. Martin, who is a noted fantasy writer.

Seeing so many people there and excited for an author was very interesting to me. I hope to be published one day and maybe even do a book signing myself at some point. I'm not a super social person but I love learning about others, and I'm sure Martin got asked a plethora of questions. As an unpublished author, as I'm sure others like me do as well, you find yourself imagining what others will think of your stories and how they will be received with the general public. I may never reach the sucess that George R. R. Marin, has, but if I can bring enjoyment to some through my stories than it is worth every minute of writing. I enjoy it so much and I think you can tell when an author is writing from the heart. I like to think my writing shows this as well.

I think seeing a book signing and how a more tangible way for an author to interact with their readers was a great experience. I know it is an experience that will stick with me forever.