Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Online dating analogy


So I've taken up online dating again. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who is using online dating as well and we were talking about how overwhelming it is to have so many options. I feel as a female especially it is overwhelming because when you get over ten guys a day asking to talk to you and get to know you how do you pick which ones to get to know?

Well, for me anyway, I read their profiles, look at their pictures, and if he looks like he has a brain, and writes like he has a brain, I will respond.

Here's my analogy though. It's pretty awesome. Okay, so everyone has seen The Bachelor right? Well, with online dating, I feel like I'm the Bachelorette. I have a plethora of men wanting to date me and for me to give them a rose. Except, each of those men is not only a contestant on my show, but the main dude on his own version of The Bachelor. So, all of us are the main person on our own show, and contestants on all the others.

Makes for a confusing web of Bachelors and Bachelorettes....