Friday, November 18, 2011

Should have done this improvment plan a long time ago!!

I've been doing my improvement plan now for a week and its going great! I haven't bitten my nails in a week people!!! if your a nail biter, you know how hard that is!!

I have always wanted to make improvements to myself, and have attempted a variety of them over the years. Mainly weight loss stuff. One issue I think I ran across in the past was trying too much. Changing all things at once. By focusing on just a few changes and knowing what changes I want to make once I complete the ones I'm working on now, gives me a finish line for my current goals and a push to keep working so I can make it to the next one. :)

I had a good self esteem before I started my little scheme to improve myself, but now, after just a week, I feel like I could do anything! Mainly, because I can! lol We as humans always come up with excuses for why we can't reach our goals or dreams. In my philosophy class we talked about how not doing something is the same as doing something and failing. I talked to a friend about this concept and she said that's why she never raised her hand in school, because she was afraid she might be wrong and 'fail.'

People, don't be scared of failing! I love taking risks and challenging myself, I know there is a risk of failure, but I won't know if I don't try right!? As writers who want to be published I'm probably preaching to the choir; we all know there is a chance our novels won't make the cut, but what good are they as saved drafts on our computers if we just leave them that way?

Okay, I'm off my soap box now. lol I want this post to be encouraging, so please take it as such. Don't worry about failing, because even if you do fail you at least know you tried and you've eliminated one method of reaching that goal. :)

Happy weekend everyone!