Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The deed is done!

So this is my new tattoo! If you remember I had mentioned before wanting to get one like this. 


Since this isn't a well known image I'm going to use this blog time to explain what this image is and what it means to me. 

This awesome bad ass tattoo is derived from character Kara Thrace from Battlestar Galatica. People have their own opinions of getting character tattoos and that's fine, but live and let live right? 

Kara was a awesome woman who stood up for what she believed in even when everyone thought she was crazy and wrong. She was the one who saved the human race. Granted, I'm no fighter pilot,  nor a fictional character, but I still love what she stands for. To me this tattoo reminds me to stand up for myself, be a bad ass and don't take crap from people. I've been pushed around and walked on to many times in my life and I feel a healthy dose of bad ass is needed. 

Also, I feel like BG is one very well written show. They wrapped a lot of different elements into one and kept the story line moving and intense. As a writer myself this is the type of writing I want to write. Many things may be going on in my stories but I want to be a master weaver and tie all my ends together. 

I changed this tattoo a bit from Kara's in that it doesn't have the Capricorn Constellation on it, but instead the symbol for Virgo, which is my sign. 

Think what you want about my tattoo and decision to get it. Just know that when we are all sitting in nursing homes, all the kids are going to pick me to be their adoptive grandma!!!