Saturday, July 13, 2013

Book Blogger Challenge Day's 5 & 6

So I want to apologize for not posting yesterday! Falling back into old habits!! But today is a new day and I'm ready to make up for it!!

So the questions for today are as follows: Recommend a tear jerker, and describe how I shop for books.

Easy enough.

A tear jerker....I cry over a lot of books. The series I'm reading now has caused me to cry during a few books so we'll go with it. The books are by Juliet Marillier, a wonderful fantasy author who writes, at least in this series, fantasy stories around Irish folklore. This series is simply called The Sevenwaters Novels.

Ironically enough, I bought the first book several years ago at a library book sale. Which leads us into how I shop for books. First off, I try to go where I will find cheap books. Unless it's a new book in a series and I just can't wait, I'd rather not pay full price. So I like to go to half price book stories, used book stories, abebooks online, or library sales. This way I can buy several books and not break the bank.

I am one of those people that do judge a book by its cover. Sad but true. I think most of us do without knowing it perhaps. I usually don't go for books with people on the cover, kinda bothers me, but, as you will see, the Sevenwaters Novels all have a girl on the cover. Fantasy books usually have some person, or animal, or castle on the cover, so I tend not to judge them as harshly about that. If the cover doesn't turn me off then I proceed to read the inside flap, or back of the book. It if catches my attention, made me read the whole little bit, and it's at a good price, I'm going to buy it. If its to expensive, I might put it on my goodreads like for "to be read."

Also for me, just because I bought a book doesn't mean I plan on reading it right away. My bookshelves are full of books I haven't read. Took me over 3 years to get to the Sevenwaters Novels. I try to find books I know I will like when the time comes for me to read them.