Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Saw this on a friend I follow on twitter, April C, you should follow her if you're not already.


Once I saw it I felt it was just to awesome of an idea to pass up. As you know, I have issues with posting on my blog, as in never enough! I thought this would be a a great way for me to get back into it! Talking about books no less!!! So...for day one here is my 15 book confessions.


1. I have finished every series I ever started except one. It was the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. I still plan too...someday.
2. I had a hard time reading as a kid. I was in a special reading program after school in second grade that really helped me read.
3. I didn't become an avid reader until 4th grade..it all started with a Goosebump book!
4. My favorite place to read is in my bed, in my pjs, with just a small light on.
5. If the story is getting really good and interesting, I skip around to just find the good parts.
6. I read the ending of the book after the first chapter. Usually it doesn't make sense to me but I don't care. I've made attempts to not peek...they always fail.
7. Jane Austen novels got me into reading classic books. I love collecting them now.
8. I own a Kindle Fire but am mostly found reading paper books. Mainly because I can find them cheaper in the story and I love the smell and look of old books.
9. The first sci-fi book, one of my favorite genres, was A City of Gold and Lead. I know I was in elementry school when I first read it. My mom bought it for me at a library book sale.
10. I didn't read Lord of the Rings until I was sophomore in college.
11. I cry just as much from sad/ extra happy scenes in books as I do in movies.
12. As long as I can remember I occasionally narrate my own actions just like a book.
13. My imaginary friend growing up was Laura from Little House On the Prarie. I would pretend she came from her time into mine and would do my best to explain how things worked (like a tv, phone, etc).
14. I'm still surprised when I met someone who isn't a reader. I can't believe they don't know what they are missing. How can you not like playing a movie in your head?!?
15. Writing my own novel was the coolest experience I have had, as far as literary things go. Totally takes you into the story in a whole new way. I think its true everyone has a novel in them somewhere, and I think everyone should at least give it a try writing one, publishing being an option.

So there's my 15 things! Wasn't sure I had 15 but I did!! Feel free to share some of yours, especially if you don't have a blog! Love learning new things about others!