Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day Four of Make an Old Friend New Blog Challenge!!

Connect with someone you met online who has helped your blog. 

I like to follow a lot of different blogs, not all about writing like my own. There have been a few that have been more influential than others for me over the years. 

image from bloggingandwb.com


As a new writer and someone who wanted to be published, I got more overwhelmed with the publishing process. Nathan Bransford's blog, really helped me focus on one step at a time in the process. When I started following his blog he was a literary agent, who has now turned author himself. As his following is very large, I wasn't able to personally tell him how much his online presence has meant to me, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth noting! 

Another blog I enjoy reading for awhile now is Operation Awesome. A blog with several writers, but lots of insight for writing and literature. I did comment on this blog letting them know how much I enjoy their blog! 

As other wannabe author's will tell you, Miss Snark's First Victim blog is a must. If you want to gain insight with literary agents and how they think-this is the place to go. I have yet to enter one of her infamous contests, but I have considered doing so once my rewritten novel is ready. 

When I searched my blog list for blogs I knew I had followed for years, I was sad to find out some of them haven't been updated in quite a long time. It's a sad truth I suppose, as I have come to know myself. This little blog has gone many months before without being updated. Blogging isn't easy, but I feel it is well worth it. There's too much to gain! Not only am I connecting with others through this blog, I'm learning (which is my new hobby) things, gaining a better grasp on writing for the web, and keeping my skills sharp!