Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dealing with Stress

Even though I'm not working this semester and just going to school (full time!) I seemed to be as stressed as ever! My mind is always thinking of what I need to be doing, what I want to be doing and what I should be doing. 
Laundry, homework, blog post, book review, wedding planning, looking up Oregon where we want to move too, bills, etc.

Everyone has things that stress them. This isn't new. I've always tried to be creative with how I deal with my stress, and while I probably could use some "happy" pill to help me stay calm, there are things I can do in the meantime. 


  • List making I find helpful. Having everything I want done listed out in clear view  helps me stay focused. I don't list them in any particular order myself.
  • Limiting how much I do a day. I don't have to get everything done. For my homework I list the due date, but otherwise everything is free game. When I've accomplished a few things on the list, I pat myself on the back and take some time to relax. 
  • Going for a walk or journaling helps me get my thoughts out and lowers my anxiety. 

What are some things you do to help relieve your stress?