Monday, September 9, 2013

Let the Rewrites Begin!!

So I've mentioned on here and several places that I'm beginning to do the rewrite of the novel I wrote four years ago. This is something I've wanted to do for about two years now, but haven't either had the motivation or the time. 

Now I do!

Working with and reading indie authors now has given me more hope about becoming an author. I still don't know which path I will choose first- traditional or just going straight to being an indie author, but the outcome is the same-I will be published.

Today I wrote 1,500 words. About five pages in MS Word. I think that is a fair start! 

I set a timer on my phone for an hour. I only left my Word document up on my screen, so I wouldn't be distracted. I also turned my phone on silent. 

It was just me, my idea, computer and a notebook. 

My goal is to do this everyday and write at least 1,000 words. If I do this the first draft should be done in a few months. 

I love the main idea of the novel I wrote four years ago. I've accepted that it's fine to rewrite it, and continue to use this story. I don't know why before I felt like I needed to only write new stories, because that was how you got better. Now I know different. I'm totally fine reusing my original idea and shaping it into what I see now. 



(Also, you should check out the post below this one. It's a video of the book I'm currently reading. It's all apart of the blog tour I'm doing this week. I also made a tab for the giveaway!)