Sunday, September 15, 2013

Liebster Award!!


Marit over at Happy small things blog has nominated me for the Liebster Award!

I believe this award is meant to help new or smaller blogs to be noticed! I did a quick google search on the award and found this blog post that told of its origins. If anything, its fun and I'm all about fun!

Here are the rules:
1. Each nominee should answer the 11 questions by the tagger.
2. Choose five bloggers with under 200 followers to pass this award to and link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for your chosen bloggers.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the nomination.
5. No tag backs.


So here are the questions Marit asked me to answer!

1. What was the main motivation for you to start blogging? 

The main motivation for me was because I wanted to be an author, and read somewhere that literary agents and editors tend to take on potential authors who already have an online presence. So I began blogging and started a twitter account! That was four years ago!

2. What blog post are you especially proud of?

This is a hard one! Usually it's the post I had just written! So far though, I'm really proud of my first author interview. I was nervous to do it, but it turned out great and she inspired me to keep writing. 

3. What blog post are you now almost a little embarrassed having posted? 

This is easy! I'm not going to give any links to them either! lol When I first started blogging I was married to my first husband. It wasn't a healthy relationship for me and sometimes I see in my "you might like this" link after a post to other posts of mine, one about my third wedding anniversary with that husband. It has a picture and I hate looking at it! I've half a mind to delete that photo from that post, but it's apart of my history so I haven't. Also, my views on a lot of things have changed since I've began blogging, mainly religious views, so having posts from the beginning that reflect how I used to think are a little embarrassing for me now.

4. What do you serve the first time you invite your date for dinner at your place? 

I've gone a quite a few dates in my time. When I was dating that first husband I mentioned I made lasagna and it turned out to taste fine, but I did the layers all wrong so it looked horrible! I've since stuck to my strengths! For my fiance now (less than a month till he's my husband!) I believe I made chicken parasman or stuffed chicken. I have a horrible memory but I believe it was one of those and it turned out great!

5. Chocolate or vanilla?

Chocolate hands down. 

6. Do you remember what was the first book you bought for your own money? And why did you choose that book?

No I don't remember. As I said before my memory is a piece of crap! I do remember asking for the Laura Ingalls Wilder books for Christmas one year. My mema got them for me. The fact that my mema got them for me made them all the more special as she died several years later. I loved those books! I made special care to take care of them and I still have them on my shelf. I thought Laura was amazing because she could spell well (a trait I do no possess) and would stand up for herself. Sometimes I would imagine her time traveling to my time and I would explain to her in my mind (it was like she was my imaginary friend) about how a tv works and such since she didn't have those things when she lived. 

7.What's your favorite holiday?

Christmas has always been one of my favorites, probably followed by Thanksgiving. I love all the lights, the merry feeling and cold air during Christmas. Plus all the music and cheesy tv shows/movies. Being around family is a plus for both of those holidays. I like Thanksgiving because it's in the fall, my favorite season. I love all the colors and smells. Plus I love turkey and hate ham so the odds of getting to eat turkey are in my favor on that holiday.

8. Describe how a blog post is usually written by you (I want to know the whole process).

It starts as an idea about one to two days before I make the post. It's usually triggered by something I'm reading or saw. I play around with the idea in my mind, and write it out in my head to see if it sounds good or not. If I feel it does, I end up writing it up in a post. They never turn out as well as they do in my head when I write them, but whatever. While writing I look up everything I want to link in that post, as well as find a picture to use (If I want a picture). 

9. Your favorite color? 

Red! My favorite color changes over the years. I know when I was really young it was pink and purple. As a teen I hated pink and purple and was obsessed with yellow. I even had some yellow shoes! It changed to red a few years ago.

10. What beauty product can't you live without?

My Burts Bees chapstick. If it runs our or I loose it I have to buy more that instant. I'm addicted to it. I refuse to use any other chapstick. One time I was at a gas station and this guy was looking at chapsticks and asked me which one was best. I was so torn because none of them were, in my opinion because my Burts wasn't an option. I sadly told him Carmax. 

11. Describe yourself with 3 words. 

Happy, loving and silly.

Here's my 11 questions!
1. What was the book that got you into reading? Or, if your not a reader, what book turned you off to reading?
2. What was it that made you decide to start a blog of your own?
3. What advice would you give to someone who is thinking about starting a blog?
4. What is a project you started but didn't end up finishing? Why?
5. Have you changed a lot since high school?
6. If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be of?
7. What do you do if you have no ideas for a post on your blog?
8. What's your favorite animal?
9. Do you like socks?
10. What is one place you'd love to travel to?
11. Which one of these questions was your favorite question? 

Here are my nominees!
Emily at EmilyJanesWorld
Linda at Linda says...