Monday, September 23, 2013

Sensory writing

As I've mentioned before in posts, I don't tend to write sensory scenes very well. Dialog is my strong suite and I've been trying to think of ways to help me be descriptive and use sensory. 

From Ch. 1

That's when I had an idea- I could draw the scenes I was having a hard time describing! I have a set of colored pencils so I began working!


I tried to focus on what colors I was using and what was going through my head while I was drawing and coloring my scene into existence. 

From Ch.3, the world Baske
those dots on the blue are flowers


I knew what these places looked like in my mind. They are vivid and full of life. All I have to do is find a way to translate it onto paper. 

Now obviously I'm not the best artist, but I enjoyed doing this project. I think I will continue to utilize drawing scenes to help me capture the images in my head and put them to paper. 

Have you ever tried anything like this to help with your writing? 

What descriptive words would you use to describe these to settings?