Thursday, September 12, 2013

Writing and music

Do you listen to music while writing? 

I have always been a huge music fan. My tastes have changed and morphed over the years but one thing remains the same- I play music while I'm writing. I have it playing softly while writing because although I may not be activity listening when hashing away at the keyboard, I know if I become blocked the music steps in and keeps me calm. I can just dive into the words, sing along, dance a little and be refreshed. Music is inspiring in and of itself so it's not long before I'm back to my writing.

Recently I have been listening to the Bastille radio on Spotify. I love this type of music and get so energized by it! Here's a sample!




What about you? Do you find music helpful when writing or distracting? Also, and this is more for myself, what do you think the message of this song is?