Saturday, October 19, 2013

Blog Tour: Very Superstitious with Guest Post by Jennifer Knight


Title: Very Superstitious
Publication date: October 15, 2013
Publisher: Month9Books, LLC.
ISBN-13: 978-0-9883409-4-7
ISBN eBook: 978-1-939765-75-8
Author: Delany, Jackie Morse Kessler, Stephanie Kuehnert, Jennifer Knight,
Marianne Mancusi, Michelle E. Reed, Dianne Salerni and Pab Sungenis
 
The stories are based on urban legends, myths, tribal tales and superstitions from around the world.  A charity anthology to benefit SPCA International with stories by Shannon Delany, Jackie Morse Kessler, Stephanie Kuehnert, Jennifer Knight, Marianne Mancusi, Michelle E. Reed, Dianne Salerni and Pab Sungenis.




Amazon
Kobo




Jennifer Knight


Hi. I’m Jen. I am twenty-two years old and live in Miami, Florida with my family. I’m a lifelong lover of books, romance and anything even vaguely supernatural. Except zombies. Zombies scare me.

I started writing in college after trying and failing to find a major. It was all I really knew how to do and since school was going nowhere, I threw myself into it. I wrote my first book in a matter of months and watched it go up in flames.

Smoldering, but still determined to make this writing thing work, I moved on to something completely different. Werewolves! Love them. Who doesn’t? I wrote the first draft of Blood on the Moon in about two months, during which I locked myself in my room and thought about teeth and moons and kissing.

I must have done something right, because Running Press bought my book and now you’re here reading this. I guess that means you liked the book. Yay! If I had a cookie, I’d totally give it to you. You deserve it.

Anyway, now that Blood on the Moon is done, I’m writing the sequel. And also some other stuff that hopefully you’ll see one day.

Guest Post by Jennifer Knight

Five years ago, finding time to write was never an issue. Of course, then I only had one child. Now I have three and carving out time to write can be a real challenge. Between playing chauffeur to the older two and covering diaper duty for the little one, it seems there’s never a dull moment anymore.
But I have to write. I have to. Without it, I am cranky, stressed and anxious. And that makes me a bad mom, right?
This is my rationalization. Because sometimes I have no other choice than to enlist the help of my number one babysitter: The iPad.
Shameful, I know. But when you work from home, sometimes that’s the way it’s gotta be. Happily, I can say iPad time is the exception when I need to get things done. Most of the time, I write during that magical time of the day when the older two are away at school and number three is sleeping.
Ah, silence. Blissful silence. Anyone with little kids in the house knows exactly how precious silence is. And as a writer, you really need silence and peace in the house to concentrate. At least, I do.
I like to create a zen place. A nook where I am alone and it’s probably dark (I’m a vampire at heart), warm and there’s soft music playing. Ideally, I have earbuds in because I like to drown out any distracting noises. And in my house there are a lot of those.
When I get lucky enough to have the husband babysit while I work, there are always distractions that will inevitably pull me out of my happy writing place. Someone stubbed a toe. Someone wants juice. Why isn’t he getting the juice? Now that one’s screaming . . . and oh great! Now the baby’s been roused!
I’ve experimented with leaving the house to write. Peace, I thought. I need peace and quiet. Where does one find that? Library. It went well at first. And then some creepy guy kept talking to me, and wouldn’t leave me alone, so I had to bail. I had my ear buds in and everything, which is the universal signal for please don’t talk to me. Some people won’t take a hint, I guess.
So that never worked out. Like I said, though, I have a fabulous husband who babysits. And I take full advantage of naptimes and bedtimes and any time when things are silent. It’s difficult, I won’t lie. But it’s important. Not just for my sanity, but for my kids to see. Hard work pays off.
Now, off to steal a few more minutes of sweet silence interrupted only by the gentle tapping of my keyboard. Totally kidding, that’s the baby crying again . . .


a Rafflecopter giveaway