Friday, October 25, 2013

Review of Fractured Legacy by Skye Callahan

About the Book:

Kaylyn Anderson's fascination with abandoned places and dark creatures kindled her work as a paranormal investigator. But when dreams begin to distort reality, she questions what is real and pulls away from everyone she trusts. The opportunity to investigate the Teague Hotel--a long-abandoned landmark that has always piqued her curiosity--provides a chance to redeem herself. Unraveling the hotel's secrets won't be easy, but Kaylyn soon finds herself the target of a dark entity that has been trapped in the building for decades. 

If Kaylyn stands any chance of defeating the spirit, she'll have to accept that her fears are real and convince fellow investigators that she hasn't lost her mind.




My Review:
*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

This book was the bomb! I couldn't put it down! I loved every minute of reading it. The characters were well developed and the tension between Kaylyn and her new boss-perfect! 

The flow of this book was pretty fast. There was no information that felt unneeded or dragged out. The main thing I loved about this book though-freakin' tons of dialog!!! I write lots of dialog in my own work so reading another book with lots of it gave me confidence in my own writing, as well as reminding me how much I love reading it! 

The right amount of details are given in this book. I know just enough to paint a picture in my mind. This was one book where there was no need for me to skip around and jump from exciting part to exciting part. I read every single word. 

I think anyone with the ability to read would enjoy this book.

Goodreads