Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Review of The Adventures of Molly by Justyn Simon



Review of the Adventures of Molly by Justyn Simon

So, for the next few weeks I will be reviewing books that all  have animals in them! I felt like this would be perfect to take a few weeks to not only do reviews of these books, but also focus on animals in books. This review kicks off the Animals and Books Weeks.

Here's a bit about this short story.

The Adventures of Molly is a dog adventure story, is about dogs in an imaginary alternative world where for the most part, the action takes place. Wrangler is a pit-bull with anger issues who wants to fit in, but Buddy the Beagle doesn't like pit-bulls. Will Molly be able to end the feud ?


So here's what I think:
*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

This story was interesting. Everything seemed very straightforward. Once Molly, the pit-bull who ventures into doglandia, she encounters issues with others not liking her simply for being a pit-bull.

I used to have a pit-bull dog several years ago. He was a sweet dog. I like how this story uses dogs to showcase how humans act towards pit-bulls, or any animal really that society feels might be too dangerous. For me, stories like this one help get the discussion going on is it the animals fault for being mean, or their owners? 

If you like stories that help bring up questions, and want a quick read, then this book might be one to add to your list.

Goodreads  /  Wattpad