Thursday, November 21, 2013

Review of Concurrent Relationships by Lee DeBourg


Concurrent Relationships by Lee Debourg



Following college Frank is comfortable in his bucolic little hometown of Collins. Beth Ann calls, announcing her divorce will be finalized Friday morning...and she is driving the two hours to Collins from the City immediately thereafter.

Oh, mercy. Not Beth Ann, again.
amantes sunt amentes
Lovers are lunatics.








*I was given a copy of this book en exchange for my honest review*

I feel like this book was a fresh take on romance. The main character was a man, and seeing things through his eyes was different, at least for a romance novel. I liked this aspect a lot. 

This book had a nice flow to it, I wasn't always sure where it was leading, by when I got to the end I understood and was happy with how things turned out. 

I could not hate Beth Ann more if I tried. I got mad at Frank a little for keeping her around. I don't think (thankfully) that I've met anyone as self centered as Beth Ann in real life. 

I can't help but think of this book as a coming of age book as well. We meet Frank when he's out of college, but he thinks back to his college years and over the course of the book we see him grown and learn what he wants in life. Frank is such a likeable guy.

This book was an easy read and fun to read. If you are into romance novels and want something different then pick up this book! 

Goodreads /  Amazon