Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Review of Daughter of Light and Dark by Ch'kara SilverWolf

Here's a little about the book to get us started:

This is the story of Montayna, a young woman born of magik from both sides of the spectrum. Never knowing her parents, Montayna was a slave until an act of bravery on her part secured her freedom. She is inexperienced and faces incredible dangers in the course of her quest. She must embrace her dark side to survive. Montayna’s quest leads her to discover her true identity and why she is the subject of ‘The Prophecy’.
Surrounded by a cast full of wizards, elves, faeries and wolves, she throws herself headlong into the fray to rid her world of the threatening evil.





So here's what I think about it!

*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion*

This was a pretty cool story. It read like a folklore story, to me anyway. I got this feeling because some words or phrases were repeated throughout the novel. I felt this book overall was really creative. My kindle didn't recognize any of the name so I'm assuming the author make them up. 

This is a fantasy novel that has magik (love that spelling of it!) elves, evil and good forces. I like how the main character, Montayna has both dark and light magik in her, though in this novel the dark magik isn't really explored. It is said she will be tempted by the dark side and might turn to it. 

This book story line reminded me of Star Wars some, as the dark lord is Montayna's father. This book does not take place in space, but if you make magik the force, the similarities are there. 

The only thing that through me off about this book was sometimes it would jump to the past and tell the back story of a character. This took me a bit to get used to and even a small divider between the paragraphs when this happened would have helped. 

Overall I enjoyed this book and I feel people who like folklore and fantasy novels would enjoy this one. 

Goodreads  /   Amazon