Friday, November 15, 2013

Slow and steady wins the race

I haven't written on my novel in a week. Adjusting to my work schedule has proven harder than I thought. When I get home from work I eat dinner, do some homework and then spend time with my husband.
I love the story I'm writing!!! I want to write! But I want to graduate and I want time with my husband! What's an aspiring author to do!? 

I'm not sure. I know I'm not going to make my Nanowrimo goal...and I'm ok with that. I still feel a bit guilty for not working on it this past week, but I had higher piorities. 

I feel like I need to set some realistic writing goals for myself. Maybe a 1,000 words a week? 

For all my other writer friends out there? How do you manage? Working and going to school full time is kicking my butt! 

For now, I'm content with the fact that I have an awesome novel in the works. I know it will get done, no matter how long it takes.