Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Review of As a Roaring Lion by Jack Welles

A feisty defense against rape by a female American veterinarian with a mighty African cross-border conservation plan, leaves the powerful attacker bloody and publicly humiliated. He becomes a revengeful and vindictive enemy who blocks her at every turn and plots to bring her down … 

A lover, local politicians and even her own father, all with their own agendas, cause her even more trouble – is there anyone she can trust? 

The spillover of a decent man caught up in an indecent third-world civil war complicates matters further and a wounded lion turned man-eater doesn’t help. 

* I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

I don't read a lot of thriller novels myself, but I am glad I agreed to read this one! I loved the pace of the story and how bits were added to slowly form the plot and draw you in. 

This book took several concepts and showed how they connected to create this big plot and conspiracy. You were cheering the main character the whole way! 

Even if you are not into thriller novels, I say this would be a great one to try. It's wonderfully written, it somehow makes you feel smarter just by having read it, and keeps you on your toes and eager for more. As an aspiring author myself I felt this would be a good book to look up too. Being so well written I could totally take a lesson from Jack and try to make my own writing on the same level. 

Goodreads  /  Amazon