Thursday, February 20, 2014

Book Review of Children of Earth by Lorinda Donovan

In 2006, NASA launched the New Horizons probe to give the people of Earth their first good look at the dwarf planet Pluto, and then to study what lies beyond it in the outer reaches of the solar system. CHILDREN OF EARTH tells the harrowing story of what it discovers in 2015 -- the answer to the ages-old question, “Are we alone?”

The answer is no. We never have been. The discovery of an ancient race hidden in plain sight sets in motion a global initiative never before attempted. But if Earth is to survive, the plan must succeed -- and only a small team of brave men, women and revolutionary artificial intelligence stand between the human race and its potential destruction.

CHILDREN OF EARTH is equal parts sci-fi action-adventure, a love letter to the bygone days of America’s manned space program and a story about people from all walks of life, how their individuality defines humanity as an important race -- one worthy of saving and worthy of, if not quite prepared for, the next stage of evolution.

*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

This book has space and aliens. Need I say more? This book was amazing, just down right amazing. I love a good sci-fi book and this book delivered for sure! 

The writing is top notch. The characters are well written and relatable. At first I wasn't sure how much I would be able to relate to them since they were mostly scientists but that didn't really matter. Lorinda did a great job writing them and giving them each their own voice. 

The concepts in this book are really interesting and I could see things playing out in real life should aliens come in the manner they did in the book. You will have trouble putting this book down. I gladly look forward to reading more from Lorinda Donovan!! The way she writes makes me feel like I've made a friend, like a friend is telling me this awesome story. Totally worth checking out everyone!!

Goodreads    /   Amazon