Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Book Review of They Say the Sirens Left the Seas by James Hutchings

The last dragon faces his death...

A magician bases his life on a misheard word...

A teenager goes looking for his friends' girlfriends, none of whom have ever been seen...

46 poems by James Hutchings.


My Review:

*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

With a cover like that how could you not want to read this book!?!

I've written a few poems but the only time I ever really read them was when I was required too for my college English classes. I wanted to expand my reading list so this book was a great way to start that.

I loved the poems in this book! They felt more like short stories to me that just seemed to rhyme. I found myself getting into some of the longer poems and not wanting them to end! There are poems that are funny, some are more sad and others really make you think. I'm so glad I decided to take the time to read this book, it's given me new eyes on poetry.

If you are into poetry then of course you'd love this book, and if your not into poetry, this would be a great book to try to explore that type of writing. Each poem is unique but you can tell they each come from Hutchings.

AmazonGoodreads