Thursday, June 26, 2014

Book Review of When I See Your Face by Devika Fernando

Cathy has had enough. Having run away from her abusive husband, she tries to pick up the broken pieces of her life in a remote village, focusing on her dream to start her own cake business. Finding true love is the last thing on her mind. When she comes face to face with a man who looks exactly like the one she is struggling to forget, life throws the biggest challenge yet at her: Should she give in to his charm and care or is history going to repeat itself?


My Review:

*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

This was a charming novella that was easy to read and touched the reader. Cathy was a great character to relate to and feel for. Escaping from her abusive husband and starting over is something we can all imagine doing if we found ourselves in her situation. She finds a quaint village to live in and meets Michael, a man who looks just like her soon to be ex husband.
As someone who has lived the experience of leaving an abusive husband, I can only imagine if I saw him a few days after I left. I don't know how I could even react now and it's been 4 years! Cathy handled it about as expected, but then learns the man she screamed at his not her husband!
Michael does seem a little to good to be true at first. He seems to say all the right things to make Cathy look over the fact that he looks like her ex husband. This bothered me a little, but it turns out Michael isn't perfect, so I liked the fact the author didn't make him perfect. That fact made this whole story seem more realistic.

If your looking for a quick romance read that will leave you with warm fuzzes then you have to read this novella!

Amazon  /  Goodreads