Monday, September 29, 2014

Book Review of Breeding Ground by Joquena Lomelino

Lenora was just a normal teenage girl who never really cared much about her parents’ work as scientists. Everything changed the day they died in a mysterious explosion. Now Lenora is alone with no time to grieve because her own life is being threatened. Whatever her parents were working on there are people willing to kill for it, and they don’t believe that Lenora has no idea what it is.

Shot up and facing certain death, Lenora is rescued by a strange seductive man who explains her parents’ top secret research to expose aliens living on Earth. An elixir reveals snake-like aliens disguised as humans are taking over the planet, and Lenora must decide if she can depend upon the stranger who violated her trust. Armed with sarcasm, her parents’ research, and an ally she loathes, Lenora must continue her parents’ work to expose the alien threat and save the Earth before it’s too late.


*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

This book was a roller coaster ride!  Very intense and full of action! This story moved along really well and was a quick read. There were some typos but since the story moved along so well I didn't really pay much attention to them. 

There is a lot going on in this book. Thankfully, with so much going on it's written well enough to keep track of everything. It was kind of hard to relate to Lenora at first, she seemed like a stuck up teenager, but as the story progressed I started to worry about what would happen to her. I wish there was more of her with her parents in the beginning to help the reader understand her strong relationship with them. I wasn't really sure what part her friend Rachel played as she was there in the beginning but then just leaves and we don't really see her again. 

I feel like more could be added to the ending because Earth doesn't really feel saved to me at the end. Perhaps that happens in the next book though. Overall, I enjoyed this book and found it an enjoyable read. I love anything sci-fi and I like the fact this story had that teenage aspect to it as well. 

GoodreadsAmazon